We are proud to host the 7th annual Future Soldier Technology VIRTUAL CONFERENCE on the 9th – 10th of March 2021.
Building on the enormous success of our previous six annual meetings, Future Soldier Technology 2021 will be an excellent international gathering of senior officers and programme managers who are seeking to enhance their programmes. Additionally, this forum offers an excellent platform for programme managers within the military to interface with senior experts from within the defence industry.
As the only dedicated future soldier focussed conference, we endeavour to deliver genuine insight and learning through the expertly selected participants who run our discussions and panels, ensuring the latest developments from all parts of the community (industry and military) are covered in great detail.
Future Soldier Technology 2021 will discuss Soldier Modernisation Programmes, and how these projects are driving infantry capabilities into the future and making the dismounted soldier more lethal, protected and ready to fight in the challenging conditions of the modern-day battlefield.
Particular focus will be paid to lessons learnt from major programmes, optics and night vision, ballistic protection, human factors and ergonomics, soldier lethality and soldier system power supply.
Benefits of Attending
- Hear invaluable keynote briefings delivered by senior military officers on leading soldier modernisation programmes.
- Gain a unique focus on the human factors around new technologies, including ergonomics, carry distribution, new materials, durability, and tools used to operate in extreme weather environments.
- Listen and engage in high level panel discussions featuring technical managers and project engineers from military as well as research agencies.
- Make use of our networking lunch and coffee breaks to gather insight from peers and colleagues also shaping and influencing future soldier programmes.
- Colonel (Ret’d) Richard Hansen, Former Programme Manager Soldier Warrior, PEO Soldier, US Army
- Expert Military Speakers Include:
- Mr Nick Taylor CEng FIMechE MAPM RPP, Soldier, Training and Special Programmes Team Leader DE&S, UK MoD
- Colonel Frédéric Edel, Director, Infantry Development Directorate, French Armed Forces
- Lieutenant Colonel Neil Locke, Commander Infantry Trials and Development Unit, British Army
- Lieutenant Colonel Simon Wierzbicki, Project Manager IdZ-ES, Federal Office of Bundeswehr Equipment, Information Technology and In-Service Support
- Lieutenant Colonel Rune Nesland–Steinor, Project Manager Weapons Optics and Electronic Warfare Land Systems Division, Norwegian Defence Logistical Organisation
- Major Magnus Hallberg, LCG DSS Chairman, NATO / Swedish Armed Forces
- Major Jari Tillikka, Programme Manager Dismounted Soldier, Finnish Armed Forces
- Dr Darren Browning, Senior Technical Lead Power, DSTL UK MoD
- Dr Carsten Cremers, Team Leader Fuels Cells, Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT
Expert Industry Speakers Include:
- Senior Representative, Glenair UK Ltd
- Senior Representative, Blackned GMBH