The Army Futures Command is excited to invite all industry partners to participate in a virtual Project Convergence industry round table discussion, from 1300-1500 (CST), on December 1, 2020, to learn what problems the Army is trying to solve in Project Convergence 21.
Project Convergence is the Army’s new campaign of learning organized around a continuous, structured series of demonstrations and experiments so we advance and integrate our Army’s contributions to the Joint Force. It leverages artificial intelligence, robotics and autonomy to accelerate tactical behaviors (find, fix, finish), because whoever can see, understand, and act first will win.
Project Convergence is comprised of five core components:
1) People – ensuring we have the right people with the right skills and training in the right roles;
2) Weapons Systems – linking together and informing the Army’s modernization efforts, including the “31+3” signature modernization efforts led by the Army’s eight Cross-Functional Teams (CFTs) and the Rapid Capabilities and Critical Technologies Office (RCCTO);
3) Command and Control – the right command and control systems to direct and control the “31+3” in an increasingly fast-paced and complex future fight;
4) Information – collected from a range of sensors, analyzed and categorized by artificial intelligence and machine learning, and transmitted over a robust network to leverage information and data, at scale, more quickly and effectively than our adversaries; and
5) Environment–testing capabilities and processes in the most unforgiving terrain, in real time, to replicate the challenges the Joint Force is likely to encounter in future missions.
Topics for the Project Convergence Industry Round Table:
1. Overview of Project Convergence
2. Project Convergence 20 review
3. Project Convergence 21 schedule and focus areas
4. Q&A between industry and AFC
Interested participants must register at https://armyfuturescommand.com/ by November 20, 2020 to receive access to the event link. The event will be held as a Microsoft Teams Live Event.
Attachment: PC Industry Round Table Flyer – https://armyfuturescommand.com
Contact Information (APG ACC):
Primary Point of Contact: Allison Murray, Contracting Officer, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org