The U.S. Army Contracting Command – New Jersey (CCNJ) on behalf of the U.S. Army Project Manager Close Combat Systems (PM CCS) is conducting a Markey Survey to identify potential sources with the capability to meet the requirements for the Individual Assault Munition (IAM) to support a Government-run shoot-off event in late FY21.
Notice ID W15QKN-20-X-0BHE. https://beta.sam.gov/opp/679be7155f1e4098bfb62a3b851fea32/view
Results of the shoot-off and the overall system attributes (e.g. target defeat, technical performance, safety, design maturity / production readiness, training system(s) availability, technical documentation / manuals) will be utilized to support a Government decision in determining the solution that best meets the Government’s IAM requirement needs.
The IAM is defined as a single-shot, disposable, shoulder launched munition (SLM). A Government-owned Technical Data Package (TDP) at Technology Readiness Level 6 (TRL-6) exists for an IAM solution and can be made available to interested parties. However, alternative industry technologies that can meet the below requirements for the IAM will also be considered.
For the purposes of this sources sought notice, a Limited Distribution D TDP will be made available to assist in responding to this notice. If respondents wish to requests the TDP please follow the instructions designated below, however, respondents will not be precluded from submitting their capabilities/qualification data and any pertinent information if the TDP is not obtained. Interested parties may provide information on their own solution(s) or progressing the Government TDP.
NOTE: A potential Industry Day is being planned for this requirement. Please continue to monitor this posting and BETA.SAM for any updates or postings related to this requirement.
PM CCS has a requirement for a lightweight SLM capability for combat units at the individual Soldier level. As an improvement over existing shoulder launched munitions, a solution is required that will allow Soldiers to conduct Urban Operations with an ability to defeat the enemy protected by a variety of structural and lightly armored vehicles. This solution will be effective day or night at close ranges with an ability to safely engage targets from within enclosures using single hearing protection. This solution will combine the capability of multiple existing shoulder launched munitions which will allow for reduced Soldier load, training complexity and logistics burden for Army squad units including Light Infantry and Combat Engineers
The result of this market research will contribute to determining the method of procurement, if a requirement materializes.
The North American Industry Classification (NAICS) Code is 332993, Ammunition (Except Small Arms) Manufacturing with a Small Business Size Standard of 1,500 employees. The Product Service Code (PSC) is 1310 – Ammunition, over 30mm through 75mm.
Includes: Complete Rounds; Explosive Components, Including Warheads; Pyrotechnic Rockets; Solid Fuel JATO Units; Rocket Motors (Solid Propellant Units) for Rockets; Covers, Protective Rocket Warhead; Jettisonable Rocket Launchers; Conditioning Kits and Sets, Controlled Environment; and other peculiar components which are not classified elsewhere.
Excludes: Nuclear rockets, Nuclear warheads; all other warheads for use on other than rockets; and rockets with built-in guiding devices.
1) Capable of penetrating vehicle armor, defeating bunkers, and defeating reinforced masonry structures.
2) Capability to incapacitate personnel within vehicles, bunkers, and masonry structures.
3) The shoulder launched system will be disposable, with a Fire From Enclosure (FFE) capability.
4) These munitions should be capable of engaging targets at a minimum engagement range of 15m and at least out to 200m, when fired from within a confined space.
5) The carry weight of munition can weigh no more than 20 lbs.
6) The system must function under various environmental conditions, (extreme Hot and Cold).
7) Description of explosives and the quantities of explosives in the system.
8) Availability of detailed fuzing drawings and description of fuze safety, as well as proof of compliance to US Army fuze standards.
9) Description and maturity of the sub-caliber training system.
10) Provide Manufacturing Readiness Level (MRL) and TRL in addition to system qualification test data.
11) Willingness and availability for the U.S Government to obtain Data Rights.
Any resulting solution for the IAM is anticipated to have a security classification level of UNCLASSIFIED and shall be compliant with the specialty metals restriction of the Berry Amendment (10 U.S.C. 2533a and 2533b) in accordance with Defense Federal Acquisition Requirements (DFAR) clauses 252.225-7008 “Restriction on Acquisition of Specialty Metals” and DFAR 252.225-7009 “Restriction on Acquisition of Certain Articles Containing Specialty Metals”.
RESPONSE SUBMISSION DETAILS
- Respondents should submit a brief capabilities statement package (no more than ten 8.5 X 11 inch pages, font no smaller than 10 point) demonstrating the ability to provide the products/systems to meet the above provided REQUIRED CABABILITIES. Documentation should be in bullet format. Response shall indicate how interested party(ies) have achieved a level of technical maturity such that they are capable of meeting the above requirements and successfully completing a Government Qualification program without additional research and development.
- Provide a description of facilities/equipment to include testing ranges with instrumentation, manufacturing processes, inspection capability to include compliance with International Standards Organization 9001:2008 or equivalent, personnel, past experience, current production capabilities (including minimum sustainable and maximum attainable monthly production rates of the above described munition/s or any munition similar to the M72).
- Provide a description of approximate delivery of each item after award and production rate capabilities.
- All responses should include the following: 1) Business size, 2) Organization name, address, primary points of contact (POCs) and their email address, FAX, Web site address, telephone number, and type of ownership for the organization; and 3) Tailored capability statements addressing the requirements of this notice, with appropriate documentation supporting claims of organizational and staff capability. Identify if all requirements can be met. If significant subcontracting or teaming is anticipated in order to deliver technical capability, organizations should address the administrative and management structure of such arrangements. Ensure to address if your company is currently providing similar services to another government agency or other non-government customer? If so, identify the agency or non-government customer. If you are unwilling to share your customer’s identity, address whether your company offers the same or similar services commercially (outside the federal Government.). If you elect to identify your past and current customers to which you provided similar products, include the customers/company name and point of contact, phone number and address/e-mail where they can be contacted.
- Response to this notice, including any capabilities statement, shall be electronically submitted to the Contract Specialist, Laura Magidson in either Microsoft Word or Portable Document Format (PDF), via email firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on 08 June 2020 and reference this posting number in subject line of e-mail and on all enclosed documents. Telephone inquiries will not be accepted or acknowledged, and no feedback or evaluations will be provided to companies regarding submissions. Information and materials submitted in response to this request WILL NOT be returned. DO NOT SUBMIT CLASSIFIED MATERIAL.
All data received in response to this Sources Sought that is marked or designated as corporate or proprietary will be fully protected from any release outside the Government.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING AVAILABLE TECHNICAL DATA PACKAGE (TDP) DOCUMENTATION
To obtain a copy of the IAM TDP interested parties must submit the following:
1- Email a signed and approved DD Form 2345 Military Critical Technologies Data Agreement.
2- A copy of their applicable license issued by the Department of State if the respondent is a non-U.S. company.
3- A completed FCDDAC Form 1350 Technical Data Questionnaire.
4- A completed and signed Non-Disclosure / Non-Use Agreement.
DISTRIBUTION D: Distribution Authorized to the Department of Defense (DoD) and United States DoD Contractors only; Critical Technology; 1-May 20. Other Requests for this document shall be referred to FCDD-ACM-ML.
Disseminate in accordance with provisions of DoD Directive 5230-25. This also applies to all subcontractors at every level. In the event that a subcontractor is a foreign company, they must comply with and obtain any necessary licenses required by, the Arms Export Control Act and implementing regulations, prior to obtaining the referenced drawing.
EXPORT-CONTROL WARNING: These documents contain technical data whose export is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (Title 22, U.S.C., Sec 2751, et. seq.) or the Export Administration Act of 1979, as amended, (Title 50, U.S.C., App. 2401 ee. seq.) Violations of these export laws are subject to severe criminal penalties. Disseminate in accordance with provisions of the DoD Directive 5230.25.
DESTRUCTION NOTICE: Destroy by any method that will prevent disclosure of contents or reconstruction of the document.
Respondents shall destroy the data in accordance with DoD 5220.22-M or DoD 5200.1-R upon the Closure of Market Survey W15QKN-20-X-0BHE.
THIS MARKET SURVEY IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY. THIS IS NOT A REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (RFP) TO BE SUBMITTED. IT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A SOLICITATION AND SHALL NOT BE CONSTRUED AS A COMMITMENT BY THE GOVERNMENT. NO AWARD WILL BE MADE AS A RESULT OF THIS MARKET SURVEY. ALL INFORMATION IS TO BE SUBMITTED AT NO COST OR OBLIGATION TO THE GOVERNMENT. THE GOVERNMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REJECT, IN WHOLE, OR IN PART, ANY PRIVATE SECTOR INPUT AS A RESULT OF THIS MARKET SURVEY. THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT OBLIGATED TO NOTIFY RESPONDENTS OF THE RESULTS OF THIS SURVEY. THE GOVERNMENT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY COSTS INVOVLED FOR SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO THIS NOTICE.